Dog Board and Train Camp
A TRANSFORMATIVE LEARNING EXPERIENCE
Struggling to get your dog to listen?
Let us give your dog the skills to understand and respond to you – even around distractions. Camp style learning at our over 6 acre farm in Perkasie jump-starts your dog’s training in a fun and interactive learning environment. Daily videos help you follow along your dog’s training journey and learn how to reinforce training at home for a lifetime of good behavior.
How Board and Train works:
Our training camp is the only of its kind in Pennsylvania. Your dog stays on our 6+ acre farm for a fun but intensive learning experience.
Our team of certified dog trainers will work with your dog each day to teach important skills and manners focused on improving their behavior.
- We provide the most one on one instruction of any board and train program out there with a minimum of 5 training sessions each day.
- We maintain a 2 dog per 1 trainer ratio and a maximum of 8 dogs enrolled at a time for more attention per dog and better results.
- More sessions means your dog has more successful repetitions of good behavior creating more muscle memory and better transfer of good behaviors to the home environment.
- You are an important part of the learning process and get daily and weekly summary videos so you know exactly how to work with your dogs like our trainers do.
Our typical day starts at 7am with potty time and feeding breakfast to the dogs who stay overnight. Our team gets right to work on training sessions for your dog which run from 8am – 4pm daily.
During this time your dog will receive 5+ training sessions that typically range from 10-20 minutes each. After 4pm, the boarding dogs get walked and fed before having some down time between 5:30pm and 8:30pm.
Final potty and play time starts at 8:30pm for a good night’s rest before the next day.
The owners live on property so there is 24/7 care and monitoring to keep the dogs safe and happy.
During Training Camp:
- Our trainers complete a weekly intake assessment to determine your dog’s baseline behavior and plan for the week’s training
- Your dog will receive a minimum of five training sessions per day with multiple trainers to instill and proof their new skills
- Trainers will track behavior & training progress, adjusting as needed throughout the program
- Provide daily instructional videos in our private online group to share insights about your dog’s training, explain what they’ve learned and instruct you on how to implement their new training
- We include you in the learning process with weekly video reviews and personalized go home instructions
When your dog comes home:
- You’ll continue where training left off with our support
- Follow up private lessons are included at your home, our facility or virtually to make sure you understand and successfully implement training at home
- Lifetime support is always just an email away for a little reassurance or guidance
- Alumni support sessions are included with your program and held at least a minimum of twice a month at our facility for extra practice and guidance from our trainers
While board and train jump-starts the training process making it much easier for busy families to implement new behaviors at home. Board and train is just the beginning! You’ll receive instructions on how to use your dog’s new skills at home and have access to follow up support should you need it.
*Please note that board and train programs are not suitable for separation anxiety or human aggression. Please contact us about private lessons to deal with those behaviors. *
Board and Train programs are great for:
- Puppy socialization
- Leash manners (not pulling)
- Impulse control (around toys, people and other animals)
- Polite manners for greetings
- Settling in the house
- Coming when called
- Reactivity on leash
- Responsiveness around distractions
- and so much more…